CAPTAIN ANTHONY L. WALL
2711 Madison Street
Hollywood, Florida 33020
E -mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A published author of books and magazine articles, Tony Wall, is an accomplished multi-talented individual with strong management, communication and motivational skills. Yacht delivery, (coastal and blue water) captained services (private, group and corporate), instruction
President and Lead Instructor, Biscayne Bay Sailing Academy, American Sailing Association sail training facility South Florida.
Sailing references from some of the world’s largest yacht charter companies.
Instructor of the year – American Sailing Association.
Accredited professional journalist/correspondent with extensive nationally published materials.
A world-ranked captain/tactician with successes in U.S. and international yacht races including the Havana Cup and Newport-Bermuda Race.
1999-Present President, Sailing Ventures Inc., Florida
Professional sailing instructor operating out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami bases with multiple teaching and captain assignments in Florida, Florida Keys, the Bahamas, and Caribbean vessels. Both power (single and twin screw) and auxiliary-powered sailing yachts ranging from 34 to 55 feet.
2000-2016 as captain, tactician and instructor;
-Extensive coastal and offshore sailing and instructional experience on multiple 40ft plus sailing catamarans.
– Transatlantic Florida, Bermuda, Azores, and Gibraltar – Pacific Seacraft 40′ Three voyages
– Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Florida, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, and Virgin Islands – Jeanneau 54DS
– New England, Newport, and Nantucket – Beneteau 50
– 50′-65′ sailing yachts as Captain and Instructor Caribbean, Bahamas,Eastern U.S. seaboard, Maine to Mexico
– 32’ Hunter, Grand Bahama-Miami. Delivery. Single-handed ocean passage, hand-steered
– 48’ Amel, Delivery Portland, Maine to Fort Lauderdale (1300 miles)
– 38’ Baltic, Tactician, First in class, Newport Bermuda Race
– Multiple captained and instructional assignments out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami; yachts 30-60 feet. Destinations: The Bahamas, Florida Keys, and Caribbean.
– 41’ Hans Christian, Captain First in class, Harvest Moon Regatta (Galveston-Port Aransas)
– 41’ Beneteau, Tactician Lake Texoma Race Series
– 37’ Kirie, Tactician Fourth in class, Havana Cup (St. Petersburg-Havana)
– Beneteau 445, Captain British Virgin Islands
– J40, Captain Maine-Penobscot Bay
– Nautica fleet of 23-44’ sailing vessels, multiple captain/instructor assignments
– Multiple charters in British Virgin Islands, Grenadines, eastern United States and Europe.
– Beneteau 345, Captain US entry in the International Kornati Cup Dalmatian Coast of Yugoslavia
– Sailed Trans-Pacific: San Diego, Tahiti, Cook Islands, Tonga, New Zealand
– Crewed aboard winning boat in the Annapolis-Bermuda Ocean Race
– US Coast Guard Master’s License to 100 tons with towing and sailing endorsements.
– American Sailing Association Advanced Instructor with ten degrees through Advanced Coastal Cruising
– ASA Instructor of the Year.
– Teaching astronomy
– International travel
– French Studies, Language, History, Culture.
BA Economics Birmingham University, England